Ghanaian boxer reveals how he lost his debut international fight in Germany
Boxing News of Friday, 7 February 2020
Ghanaian middleweight / light heavyweight boxer, Prince Oko Nartey has opened up on why he lost his first international fight in Germany.
According to him, he lost the fight because his management was denied visa to Germany and due to that, he had to travel alone to fight in Hamburg, Germany.
Prince made this known in an interview with DJ Nyaami on SVTV Africa. He said, even though, it was clear he won the match, he was cheated on because there was no one with him and he was all alone.
“Somewhere last year I went to Germany to fight but it didn’t really go well. We got robbed seriously. I felt robbed because if you watch the video, it was obvious I was robbed; and it’s because I went alone. All this happened because of visa issue – my management couldn’t get the visa, my coach couldn’t the visa, so I had to go alone which is very bad,” he said.
Prince added that, because he is not the first boxer to experience that, he didn’t let it get to him.
“It’s very strange but I wasn’t the first person to experience this, so as it happened, I didn’t let it affect me too much. So I took it cool,” Prince said.
Narrating about his journey in boxing after his emphatic victory at the Bukom Boxing Arena last Friday, the southpaw fighter said it was going well as planned but admitted that there was more work to do.
The handsome tall well-built super middleweight / light heavyweight boxer thanked the media who have promoted and inspired him since he joined the paid ranks. He has fought five times at the arena.
Oko now with a record on eight fights with one lose said he is currently looking forward in fighting a National Fight and an African title respectively.
Watch video below